Employees are our greatest asset!
Choosing a career is one of the most significant decisions you will make in your life, and we are excited that you have identified us as a potential employer. Harris County is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. We strongly value your interest in Harris County.
Human Resources & Risk Management seeks qualified individuals to fill positions for clerical, technical and professional job vacancies for various Harris County Departments.
Visit us on
Benefits Of Working For Harris County
Harris County offers a competitive benefits program, including comprehensive group health and related benefits plan as well as defined benefit retirement plan.
The following list of benefits is offered only to employees in regular (full-time) positions:
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year for the first five (5) years of service. Accrual rates increase based on years of service.
- 10 county holidays plus one (1) floating holiday
- Professional development opportunities
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
The following benefits are also available to regular (full-time) employment and may be available to part-time employees:
- Retirement pension (TCDRS)
- Flexible schedules (varies by department)
- Transportation Assistance (Metro RideSponsor Program)
In accordance with the Harris County Personnel Regulations, Group Health and related benefits are subject to amendment or discontinuance at any time. Commissioners Court reserves the right to make benefit modifications on the County's behalf as needed.
Benefits page for additional information.